"I paint myself because I am often alone and I am the subject I know best."
— Frida Kahlo
Photo by Guillermo Davila, 1929.
This is the most lovely picture of Frida
Elle Korea: The Bag On The Men
Models: Kim Won joong, Shon Min ho, Park Hyeong seop, Jang Ki yong, Jang Ui soo
Old but classic.
Do you ever crawl out of bed at 3am to jot down an idea for a comic then the next day look at it and think ‘This was totally worth getting out of bed in the middle of the night for’
This is one of those great little moments in NGE where you can see that shinji isn’t a quiet, emotional recluse 100% of the time. He has friends he genuinely likes spending time with. He smiles. He grins. These are the moments that are so important because shinji isn’t JUST “I mustn’t run away” and “I’m so fucked up” and those moments that are easy to remember, he is also grinning out the window with his friends.
1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.
4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.
5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.
6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.
7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.
8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.
9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.
10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists.”
Juan Cole, 08/09/2012
Juan Cole actually wrote this 4 days after a white terrorist, yes, terrorist, murdered 6 and injured 4 people at a Sikh gurdwara in Wisconsin. The terrorist who committed said crime spoke of an impending “racial holy war” beforehand and was a member of white supremacist/neo-Nazi hate groups.